Wire Jewelry Making Tutorial – Design Your own Pendant
4 notes | Reblogged: (via
Okay. Reblog and say something you really like but there isn’t much jewelry themed about it.
I have had so little time for things my etsy shop kind of took a backseat. I’m working on getting everything back on track now. Just a random update.
A little something different.
I want to get you guys more involved. It’ll make my part easier and give me an idea of what styles you guys make. So send me messages.
1. What style of jewelry making/crafting comes easiest to you?
2. Which style is the hardest that you have done?
3. Are there any projects that seem too intimidating to begin? If so, what?
4. What kinds of jewelry do you wear? Maybe stones, delicate, simple, or bold?
5. What are your favorite materials to work with?
6. What is a material you are always out of?
7. How did you start crafting?
8. Do you make money off of your designs or do you make them for yourself/friends?
9. What is your favorite color scheme?
10. What is your favorite place to get craft supplies? (Could be a local small business, or a craft store)
Answer one or more of these in an ask please. It doesn’t have to be specifically about jewelry. I want to get to know you guys better.
I really have had no time for this blog. Now it’s summer and I have a lot more free time so bring on the questions! I’ll look for more tutorials and start posting more. Thanks!
I really haven’t been posting. I really don’t have time to search around for good things to do tutorials on. If you guys want to help me out, send in an ask! Or previous askers, send me messages on how my advice worked for you!
Anonymous said: Do you know anything about changeling the color of metal? I needed a black ring and I found one I really like, but it's just plain silver. Can you stain metal like when you stain wood?
I believe so. I think it might be as simple as applying a paint or lacquer.
I did some research saying that glass stain could work.
I also found an eHow that could be useful. It is for stainless steel, I’m not sure how that method works for other metals. Turning steel black or dark is known as bluing, so maybe some research on that might bring up better articles.
Please let me know if I was any help at all and how this turns out! Best of luck!